Saturday 4 January 2020

Hello, Saturday morning!

I didn't drink last night!

I went to hang out with a few friends at one friend's place. One of those great impromptu gatherings on a summer evening. Sitting around eating and drinking, chatting, relaxing. I love being on holidays at this time of year!

I had brought my bottle of Seedlip (purchased last summer when I was AF) and a bottle of tonic. I wasn't even considering drinking alcohol, or tempted by the fact that I knew my friends would be having a glass or two.

There was beer, wine, gin and whiskey on offer. Not interested, thanks.

Then one of my friends turned up with a half-drunk bottle of champagne leftover from New Years Day.

The lovely flutes came out and a couple of glasses were poured, and I suddenly thought to myself that maaaayyybe I'll just have a small glass before I start on my AF drinks...

WHAT?!?!!

I am so glad to now realise, very clearly, that champagne/prosecco/bubbly is my biggest trigger at the moment when it comes to alcoholic drinks. It's good to know that I've gotta watch out for this sparkly siren in particular, as I forge ahead on my new AF path.

The thought of drinking only lasted about half a minute, but the temptation was definitely there, along with the voice of Moderation Mary trying to convince me that I'd be OK to just have one.

That Moderation Mary, she's such an annoying bitch! Even if I did have 'just one drink' last night, there would be a day in the not-too-distant future - maybe even today - when I absolutely would have more than one and end up regretting it!

Fortunately, my new AF commitment is so strong that I was able to mute Mary and the sparkly siren song, and enjoy my Seedlip and tonic. Ahhh!

So good to wake up clear-headed and fresh for the weekend :-)

Betty
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Year Ago

On this day last year, I enrolled in Kate Bee's 'Getting Unstuck' course, which she offers via her website The Sober School (  h...